Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer

I heard a lot of good things about this book, so I picked it up at the library. Luckily, it was a quick read. I don't think I could've held on much longer.

I hate to start my blog with a bad review, but this book lacked something. Brad Meltzer tried to create his own weird version of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code but it just didn't work. His attempt to tie Superman and Cain (You know, that guy from the Bible) was mediocre at best. I never really caught onto how these things were related. It was just a rat's nest of connections that were unbelievable and hard to follow.

In the end, I didn't care who lived or who died either, because the characters were not well-developed and I didn't feel like I knew them or cared about them in the slightest. I also guessed who the "Prophet" was about halfway through the book.

Also, why is Cal's hair white? The stress of seeing his father kill his mother? Who cares?

If you are a Superman fanatic or a fan of Brad Meltzer, borrow this from the library or from a friend who already mistakenly bought it. Otherwise, don't waste your time!

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment